Gunton Wood, Green Space and Foxburrow Tree Inspection 2017
"GWCP" denotes work to be undertaken by Gunton Woodland Community Project. "WN" denotes work to be undertaken by Waveney Norse. A downloadable PDF version is available under the "About Us" tab.
1. WN - cut back large holly and cut large oak right down in St Peter’s churchyard. GWCP – clear back growth from Gunton wood to a depth of about 6ft., cut back large laurel in memorial garden, and cut back sycamores along boundary fence in St. Peter’s churchyard.
2. GWCP - 4 dead elms on Gunton Church lane to be removed, and sycamore to be cut back.
3. GWCP - 2 dead elms at Gunton Church lane entrance to be removed.
4. GWCP - another dead elm just inside GCL entrance, to be removed.
5. GWCP - remove large birch branch leaning on school fence.
6. GWCP - remove dead elm near well.
7. GWCP - remove dead elm near side of church.
8. WN - remove dead wood at top of sycamore near side of church (tagged 20).
9. GWCP - monitor horse chestnut between main path and burial park.
10. WN – reduce height of large sycamore to the right of the main path (GWCP to remove bird box).
11. GWCP – remove dying cherry tree outside John & Mo’s.
12. GWCP – reduce height of small hawthorns at Stubbs Wood entrance, to give walnut tree more light.
13. WN – reduce height of sycamore to the left of the nursery.
14. WN – reduce height of 2 sycamores to left of path between nursery & picnic area.
15. WN – check sycamore on side of main path again in 2 months time.
16. WN – remove top of sycamore between main path and picnic area.
17. WN – reduce height of sycamore opposite coffee area.
18. GWCP – remove dead elm near info. board at top of Moore’s Lane.
19. GWCP – cut through ivy on ash tree at top of Moore’s Lane (to help monitor health of tree).
20. WN – reduce height of Scots Pine at back of secret garden.
21. GWCP – cut down dead sycamore between picnic area and path to B&B area.
22. GWCP – remove 3 dead elms & 1 dead hornbeam along path between picnic area and path to B&B area.
23. GWCP – remove dead elm at back of Stubbs Wood houses.
24. WN – cut back and reduce height of oak on path at Stubbs Wood entrance.
1. GWCP – monitor leaning ash tree near play park.
2. GWCP – remove dead elm along path between play park and nature reserve.
3. WN – remove 2 dead ash trees at back of Gainsborough Drive houses.
4. GWCP – monitor ash tree just off the path at back of Gainsborough Drive houses.
1. WN – remove dead elm near kissing gate on A12 opposite Foxburrow pub.
2. GWCP – remove dead hawthorn along path near Crome Walk.
3. GWCP – remove 5 small oaks as marked, at Gunton Church Lane entrance.